We are members of Lighthouse Christian Church in Bellevue, Washington.
Our mission is to share God's grace and truth so that people come to know, love and share Jesus Christ.
While in Japan we will be helping run the VBS programs at Tokorozawa Megumi Church and Nokendai Bible Fellowship
.

Ev, Tom, Randy, Tim, David, Kelly, Sharon
Al, Karen, Lucy
Katherine, Garrett, Austin

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

*sigh...*

August 10, 2010
*sigh*… as we’ve started discussions about what route my mom and I are going to take to get to the airport… I’ve begun to wish I didn’t have to leave early to rest up for Warm Beach… as much as I know it’s the right thing to do, I keep falling more and more in love with the kids here and their smiles and their energy… each time I come here I feel like it gets harder and harder to go back… maybe someday I’ll be stuck for longer than a couple weeks during the summer :O… I’m not sure I’m going to be able to tell the kids I have to leave early… (since tomorrow is my last day and all…) last year I remember seeing the Onizuka boys tearing up as we had our last vbs… ugh. Each time I come I feel more and more like God is calling my heart to stay here… at least for a while anyways… hrmm.. anyways. That can be prayed for at a later date :].
Today was another great day. The kids were a little bit better behaved, but still equally as energetic (God does work miracles that don’t make sense). But ohhhhh man. Tired. Really tired today. I have no idea why… but every night I feel exhausted but I can never fall asleep until a while later… hopefully tonight is different, but regardless of whether I’ve been sleeping a lot or a little God has supplied me with enough energy to play with the kids and whatever other random stuff that goes down ^^V. ugh… spacing out a bit… what else happened… my mom and I got to go down and have dinner with a relative… something like my mom’s dad’s cousin or something or another… I didn’t really get it. but he has the same last name as my grandpa so I guess we’re related somehow. It was a nice time to practice my Japanese since they spoke little English… then came back and found Randy had crashed for a bit… he went to sleep with a headache… something about a lack of sleep, lack of caffeine and maybe stuff he usually doesn’t eat. I’m not totally sure. But regardless… prayer for his head and everyone’s health in general would be appreciated! And also… I might as well add it now since I’m not sure I’ll have time tomorrow night… my mom and I are leaving early… on Thursday sometime… so if you all could pray for us to have a safe trip back too that’d be awesome!... okay bed time… oyasuminasai! ^^V

1 comment:

  1. Randy! if you read this, and if you are used to having caffeine daily, you must not NOT have any on this trip. caffeine withdrawal is nasty; can lead to bad headaches and nausea/vomiting. but the remedy is easy. drink caffeine!

    okay, enuf of that. in the meantime, LORD, i pray for the continual covering of Your Spirit to guard each person's body. Give them YOUR energy and power to work, toil, labor...that in times of rest there would be deep sleep and renewing of cells, creation of new cells, building up of your dunamis. oh, Your glorious, mighty, incomparable power! More, Lord. i pray for more of Your Holy Spirit filling them, energizing them. they are weak, but You are strong. perfect Your power in their weakness. let them work by faith and not by sight, with Spirit energy. Fill them, dear Father, for Jesus' sake. amen and amen.

    ReplyDelete