We are members of Lighthouse Christian Church in Bellevue, Washington.
Our mission is to share God's grace and truth so that people come to know, love and share Jesus Christ.
While in Japan we will be helping run the VBS programs at Tokorozawa Megumi Church and Nokendai Bible Fellowship
.

Ev, Tom, Randy, Tim, David, Kelly, Sharon
Al, Karen, Lucy
Katherine, Garrett, Austin

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lucy: Experiencing answered prayer.


I think today could have been a tough day, but through the power of God’s grace it was our best ever! We had a lot on our plate: concerns about knowing how to help the kids’ behavior, keeping the morning short enough to have time for a pizza party for the kids and their moms, a women’s Bible study, and outreaching to a local nursing home. But through it all, we felt at peace, the kids responded great to the instruction, moms got to experience sharing and fellowship, and one of the girls accepted Christ. For me personally, I’m starting to feel more comfortable teaching the kids and just having more fun. And I love their smiles! Today we made patterns with fuse beads, and I loved seeing the creativity and individuality in their crafts. I’m looking forward to seeing more of God’s blessing this week!

We also went to a sushi-on-a belt restaurant, which was really, really good. I think I’m being spoiled with the sushi here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment