We are members of Lighthouse Christian Church in Bellevue, Washington.
Our mission is to share God's grace and truth so that people come to know, love and share Jesus Christ.
While in Japan we will be helping run the VBS programs at Tokorozawa Megumi Church and Nokendai Bible Fellowship
.

Ev, Tom, Randy, Tim, David, Kelly, Sharon
Al, Karen, Lucy
Katherine, Garrett, Austin

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Al: Ultimate train experience

When I shared about arriving safely in Japan, I forgot to share with you our experience on the Keikyu Express train. We boarded the Keikyu Express in Shinagawa. The train was crowded but we were able to get on. At the next stop even more people got on the train. As I watch them crowd on, suddenly the people at the entrance surged inward like a tidal wave. I realize that the conductors had been pushing the people into the train. We were really crowded. There was absolutely no personal space. One man was pushing against me and I had to push back to keep from falling over. This pushing match lasted for atleast 2 more stops. Karen was laughing the whole time. We wanted to take a picture but no one had enough room to reach their backpacks and I couldn't even reach into my pocket to pull out my camera. What was really interesting was that even though bodies were packed together with full body contact, no one made eye contact. As soon as the train began to move every one quickly pulled out books or focused on their cell phone or just seemed to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like quite a ride! Glad you all made it safely and that luggage will get there too (Praise God who covers for us). We're excited for what God will do through the team and the things He'll be teaching both the kids and the team.

    Love,
    Carli

    ReplyDelete