We are members of Lighthouse Christian Church in Bellevue, Washington.
Our mission is to share God's grace and truth so that people come to know, love and share Jesus Christ.
While in Japan we will be helping run the VBS programs at Tokorozawa Megumi Church and Nokendai Bible Fellowship
.

Ev, Tom, Randy, Tim, David, Kelly, Sharon
Al, Karen, Lucy
Katherine, Garrett, Austin

Monday, August 9, 2010

Lucy: being challenged but having fun at the same time


The first day of VBS was awesome! I was pretty anxious, because I don’t have experience working with groups of kids, and the kids I am shepherding are preschool through 3rd grade. It’s like they never run out of energy! But I feel blessed to have a team that is so supportive of each other, and the way Sharon, Ev, and Karen helped me through the morning was such a Godsend. I know I’ll still need all your prayers because I feel so out of my comfort zone, but it’s great knowing that God works in spite of my weakness and He can touch the hearts of the kids when I can’t on my own.

On the flip side, we had a ton of fun. The kids took to the songs and hand gestures really fast, especially the parts where we have to jump! And we played a lot of great games, including us adults. I got a great picture of Ev running so fast, she’s just a blur! (She's the adult in the background in the blue shirt.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy,

    I'll be praying for you--I know God will use you just as you are even if you feel like you are not experienced working with kids. I know you have a sensitive spirit and an observant eye. There may be a special child(ren) that God will draw you to reach out to that will bless him/her. So often to be seen and known when you are just one in a large or active group can be such an expression of care. May you know His delight over you as His child this week as you delight in the children at the VBS :)

    Love,
    Carli

    ReplyDelete