We are members of Lighthouse Christian Church in Bellevue, Washington.
Our mission is to share God's grace and truth so that people come to know, love and share Jesus Christ.
While in Japan we will be helping run the VBS programs at Tokorozawa Megumi Church and Nokendai Bible Fellowship
.

Ev, Tom, Randy, Tim, David, Kelly, Sharon
Al, Karen, Lucy
Katherine, Garrett, Austin

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Last Day at TMK


Today we finished our first VBS. The week seemed long as we were going through it but short nearing the end. Everyone is tired but a good tired. The kids have been great especially the consistent comers. Many of the kids have other classes to take and sport to practice so not all of them can come every day. You have probably noticed that I have just been presenting the facts of what we are doing, not my feelings or impressions. It will take me longer to process all that has happened this week. I hope to be able to share with all of you something a little deeper than just what we did. And again thankyou for getting me here. Many of the children and parents (mostly mom's) have asked us to come back. I'm beginning feel that I am bleeding you, my supporters, dry, coming to you year after year asking you to support me. I do love coming here. The people I have met, the relationship that have been built and the blessings God has thrown my way have really been life changing. I feel more focused serving God here. I wish I could be that focused back in the states. But I get lazy and complacent and life has its distractions and temptations. Frankly I am doing many of the same things I do at my teaching. Here it is much more important and more appreciated. I'm getting selfish because I feel I am getting more blessed and rewarded than what I am giving to those I am serving. I think I getting a little brain dead. This probably won't make sense when I read this tomorrow morning. Well, thank you for this experience.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Tom: We pray the Lord would provide enough to send you to Japan every year for as long as you feel called to serve with us in Japan. You and your supporters are such an encouragement and blessing to us. To Him be the glory forever and ever, Amen! -Shirley

    ReplyDelete