We are members of Lighthouse Christian Church in Bellevue, Washington.
Our mission is to share God's grace and truth so that people come to know, love and share Jesus Christ.
While in Japan we will be helping run the VBS programs at Tokorozawa Megumi Church and Nokendai Bible Fellowship
.

Ev, Tom, Randy, Tim, David, Kelly, Sharon
Al, Karen, Lucy
Katherine, Garrett, Austin

Friday, July 30, 2010

TMK Day 2


Day 2 went a lot smoother than Day 1. (Sharon says it's because I was done with my Rainforest Introduction and my testimony) Day 1 was alright but for me thing didn't go as smoothly and I had hope. I was nervous during the Introduction and testimony. My back hurt and the PE at the Park didn't go well. First it was raining. I had a communication problem with the games. A parent was very concern that we were playing in the rain although it was 80+ degrees out. She called other parents to take the children home early. She was afraid they would get fevers. (Praise God her kids showed up today and also it didn't rain during PE @ the Park although it poured during the night right to the end of the VBS) Our VBS schedule went so much smoother. PE @ the Park went 100 % better. We played KickBall, or as the Japanese call it, "Kick Base". My back didn't hurt. I even was able to play "kick base" with younger kids. (Sorry we don't have any pictures of PE @ the Park. Everyone was having too much fun playing with the kids.)
I am totally blown away by my JMT teammates. Tim and David have learned by example from Kelly and Sharon. Their faith makes my faith look one dimensional. I am so grateful for them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mr. Tom. You are quite awesome yourself, you know, but maybe we just have not said it enough. You are AWESOME! Our NBF moms are looking forward to seeing you again, just so you know! What did you say to them last year?! Will keep praying for clear weather for PE in the park. Blessings! -Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. praise God for His answers to prayer! you just keep on tickin', tom! strong work!
    celia

    ReplyDelete