We are members of Lighthouse Christian Church in Bellevue, Washington.
Our mission is to share God's grace and truth so that people come to know, love and share Jesus Christ.
While in Japan we will be helping run the VBS programs at Tokorozawa Megumi Church and Nokendai Bible Fellowship
.

Ev, Tom, Randy, Tim, David, Kelly, Sharon
Al, Karen, Lucy
Katherine, Garrett, Austin

Saturday, July 24, 2010

DSAK: T-Minus 24 Hours and counting (give or take... XD)

Well the Kenya team is off! God bless their journey and may His grace cover them as they travel and as they serve. Being there to see them off today made me realize it'll be our turn to head out in less than a day! It's exciting! At the same time it makes me a little nervous because I don't feel as ready or prepared as I'd like. But God is good, and I trust that as I prepare to the best of my abilities, God will provide for where I feel weakest. I must admit, I'm a little nervous to be working with the kids. For the past 6 years I've served in youth ministry, so working with younger children is a little out of my element. But it'll be a good challenge, and hopefully God'll equip me to be able to just love and serve the kids @ the TMK VBS. Please continue to lift the team in prayer, as we get ready to go. Please pray for the children we'll be ministering to. Please pray for the missionaries (the Nakamura's and the Reasoner's) who we'll be serving with. God is sovereign, God is good, and I'm excited to see what He has in store.

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: 'The righteous will live by faith.'" ~ Romans 1:16-17

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Japan TMK-VBS team! We will be praying for you all.

    -Shirley

    ReplyDelete